Total Pageviews

Saturday 23 February 2013

Wedding Olivetti: Priscilla, Queen of the Typewriters

THE STUDIO 44 REDEMPTION
Ella is getting married next year, and she is keen for Priscilla here to play an important part in the big event. Priscilla has had a chequered life, including spending time in jail. Now is her chance for redemption.
When Ella asked me this week about using a typewriter at her wedding, I put my thinking cap on and pretty soon Priscilla jumped into my thoughts. I sent images of Priscilla to Ella, who thinks she is absolutely beautiful. What's more, apparently, Priscilla fits right in with the wedding colours. Go Priscilla! Your time has come!
I have lost track of how long I have owned this Olivetti Studio 44, but it has to be a good 10 years. I can't recall how I acquired it, but I do know its condition on arrival meant a complete restoration  job. So pleased it still looks so good and works so well.
After I received Ella's email, I dug Priscilla out of storage, dusted her off a little, and thought I might as well post on her while she's free from captivity.

4 comments:

shordzi said...

I wish them all good luck. But this colour really hurts my eyes.

Ted said...

I only hope that isn't a factory color! :D

May the bride and groom florish as well as a typewriter in your care!

Richard P said...

I love the color. Nice counterpart to my chromed Studio 44!

Robert Messenger said...

Thank you, there are among you men of style, class and distinction!